Book of the Week #44 "Scarlet"


*This post contains spoilers. If you've not read the first book, you might want to read this after you've finished Cinder.*

by Marissa Meyer

Scarlet Benoit lives with her grandmother, Michelle Benoit, on a farm in rural France. Yet as the story begins, her grandmother has been missing for days. Scarlet is frantic; not knowing where her grandmother is or what is happening to her. When she meets Wolf at a local restaurant, she finds that he might have some answers about her grandmother's whereabouts. Yet he's being stingy with his leads and Scarlet is growing increasingly impatient. And truth be told, Wolf might have some secrets of his own. Secrets that could totally alter Scarlet's view of him.
Meanwhile, Cinder has escaped prison with fellow inmate Captain Carswell Thorne. The two board his spaceship and fly into space until they figure out a place that's safe for them to land on earth. They happen to land in Rieux, France, where Cinder discovers some secrets from her past.


Scarlet is a feisty character! She has a temper to match her flaming hair and is very defensive, especially when it comes to her Grand-mere. The story is based off of the classic tale of Little Red Riding Hood. I have to admit, this wasn't my favorite in this series. I liked it, just not as well as I liked the others. I had mixed feelings about Wolf. One minute, he seemed like a good guy, and then the next he does something crazy. I suppose it isn't entirely his fault, though, considering all that Queen Levana has put him through. In the beginning, I didn't like Thorne; he seemed too superficial. But after reading Cress, I like Thorne.

All in all, Scarlet is a nice, action filled continuation of The Lunar Chronicles. It may not be my absolute favorite, but I appreciate it as a part of the series.


I give this book a 4 out 5.

Comments

  1. I think Scarlet was my favorite out of all of them, then Winter. I think I love the strong female characters in these books. They are feisty, witty and humorous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lunar Chronicles is definitely full of strong female leads. I think that's why so many people love these books. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts