The Blahs and Other Things

So I had grand plans of writing a sequel to A Castle in the Sky at the same pace I had written its predecessor; 50,000 words in one month. I'm still striving for that goal, but this, week I just haven't felt like myself. I'm naturally an anxious person (it runs in my family) and this week I've just been more anxious than usual. I'm trying to work on it, but it's affecting my writing. As in, I just haven't felt like writing. Instead, I've been turning to one of my hobbies to keep my mind preoccupied; painting. I don't paint as much as I would like to; really, I only do it when I'm in a funk like I have been this week. But it is awfully soothing, especially if I play some of my favorite music in the background, or pop one of my Gilmore Girls or Downton Abbey DVDs into the player. I don't consider myself an "artist" and I'm not comfortable enough with my paintings to post them for the world to see, but I like to do it for myself.

In other news, I have something I'm planning for June that would include all of you. More on that later.

Maybe I'll get out of this funk soon. I really hope so, because trust me, it isn't fun. In the meantime I'm going to continue working on it. Pray for me? Thanks.

Until next time....


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I'm sorry you are in a funk :( I hate it when that happens. I'm not a writer, but I do have times when I get into a funk. I crochet gifts for Christmas and should be starting right now getting things ready but I'm in a funk. Every time I pick it up I just am un-enthused about it so haven't finished one thing. So I hope that your funk ends quickly(although I really would like to see your paintings!) and I hope my funk ends quickly as well so we can both get on with our creative endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I hate that you're in a funk, too. :( I don't crochet, but I know how awful it feels to not be in the mood for one of your favorite things. I will pray for you to feel better, too. ((Hugs))

      Delete
  2. Aw, Miranda! I'm going to echo Julie and say how sorry I am you're in a funk and dealing with anxiety. :( I will pray for you!

    I think that's lovely, though, that you have something creative you can turn to in order to calm your mind - something that you can do just for you and God. ♥

    And I totally understand about not being in the right frame of mind for writing. I feel like it's been so long since I've been "in the zone" and cranking out words for a story like I want to do again. But we do go through seasons in our lives, and I'm hopeful that we'll both experience that season where the words flow and our hearts can pour out onto the pages once again. :)

    God bless, dear friend!

    ~Amber

    P.S. Julie, I'll pray for you, too! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber. It is lovely to have a creative outlet that is just between He and I. And I hate that you're feeling this way too. :( It isn't fun, especially when it's your job. But you're right; these phases in life happen to all of us and we just have to work through them. I'll pray for you too, and hope that we both get through this and onto better seasons of life. :) ((Hugs))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts