Anne of Green Gables Read-Along



I've participated in two read-alongs this year and had a blast with both. It's nice to read great books in a group and get to know others that enjoy the book as much as you do. I had so much fun, that I knew someday I'd like to host my own. When I posted my reviews of the Anne of Green Gables series, Julie planted an idea in my head; an Anne of Green Gables read-along. It makes perfect sense! Anne of Green Gables is my favorite book, as I know it is for many, many others around the world. What better way to celebrate that than with a read-along? June seemed like a nice time to do this, and so I began planning one.

I'd like to cordially invite you all to the 2016 Anne of Green Gables read-along.
When: June 1-30
Where: A cherry blossom tree; or your favorite place to read.
Who: Kindred Spirits all across the globe.

Reading schedule:

Week 1 (June 1-2): Chapters 1-3
Week 2 (June 3-9): Chapters 4-12
Week 3 (June 10-16): Chapters 13-21
Week 4 (June 17-23): Chapters 22-30
Week 5 (June 24-30): Chapters 31-38

Each Thursday in June, I'll post 5 discussion questions here on my blog. You can either answer them in the comment section of the post, or answer them on your blog (if you have one; it isn't necessary to have a blog in order to participate in the read-along) and leave a link in the comment section. You can join in anytime you'd like. If you have a Twitter account, you can share some of your thoughts on the book throughout the week and use the hashtag #AOGGRAL

I'll be reading the Sourcebooks edition. Any edition will do; unabridged would be ideal.

It's been far too long since I've read Anne of Green Gables. I'm greatly looking forward to revisiting it with all of you!


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Woo hoo! I'm looking forward to this! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I've been dying for an Anne of Green Gables read-along! Can I please, pretty please join the conversations even if I won't exactly do the read-along per chapter? (Because I, um, kinda just read Anne of Green Gables again. :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, Alyssa! Read at your own pace. :) I can't wait to read your thoughts!

      Delete
  3. I'm be reading along too :) And of course under a tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Zeinab! I'm excited to read your thoughts! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts