Lately 10.13.2016



October is my favorite month of the year. My birthday is in October, I love Halloween, the leaves are starting to change color and the weather is cooling off. It's just the best time of year in my opinion. This month has already been busy for me and it's going to continue to be busy. I get tired thinking of all the work I have planned and all the sleep I'll be losing. But I'm okay with it; it's all going to be worth it!

Reading
This month is the Emma read-along, and I have been participating in that. I'm enjoying the book so far. I'm also reading Kara Isaac's Close To You. I don't read a whole lot of contemporary romance, but sometimes I like to read some, so when this book was on sale for $1.99, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm also reading some books on my Kindle about the suffragette movement to get inspiration for the book I'm currently working on. The other day, I downloaded My Own Story by Emmeline Pankhurst and A History of Women's Suffrage Volumes I, II, III, IV, and V, by various authors, including Susan B. Anthony, which were all free. I also downloaded Women's Suffrage: A Short History of a Great Movement by Millicent Fawcett, which was a mere $0.99 for the Kindle edition on Amazon. It's a little bit different than the others since Millicent Fawcett was British, but it's still an interesting read. And, to top all of that off, I have a couple of books checked out from the library about WWI. The war doesn't play a huge role in the book I'm working on, but it will help as I write about the year 1917. Truthfully, I'll probably just skim the WWI books for information that would be most important to my project since I don't have all the time in the world that I would love to have to read. That's a lot of reading, which is obviously a huge part of being a writer. Good thing I love to read, right? And then, our library is having their annual book sale starting October 18. Yay for cheap books! I wanted to encourage you all to support your local libraries when they have book sales. It's really important because so many times people over look public libraries and they don't get the funds that they need. Libraries slowly begin to crumble and it really is sad to think of.

Writing
Still working on my sequel. It still doesn't have a title. Hopefully it will have one soon, though. I've been thinking of ideas for a cover, so maybe the title will come soon. My plan at the moment is to write at least three more novels for this series, making five in total. I have quite of bit of work done on book #3 in the series, and after that I'm planning to write a Christmas novella taking place in 1920. It's a lot of fun and I think it will be fun to work on it this Christmas season, and then publish next December.

So there is a lot of reading and writing taking place this month, which I'm grateful for, because those are my two favorite things. I hope you all have a great October! Thanks for stopping by today!


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts