Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Names For Cats



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

Today at The Broke and The Bookish, we were asked to pick ten fictional characters we would like to name something after. Kids, pets, etc... I decided to go with pets since I've had pets all my life, and cats in particular. I picked ten characters that I  really like, and that I think have neat names that would be great for anyone's pet cat.



10: Cress, Cress
The name "Cress" sounds like it would be a neat name for a cat.

Any name from To Kill A Mockingbird would be great for a cat (I used to have a cat named Atticus) but Boo is the most fun, I think.



8: Gatsby, The Great Gatsby
Any debonair feline fellow would suit the name of Gatsby. Or Catsby? Eh? Eh?



7: Valancy, The Blue Castle
Another unique name that would suit a sweet kitty just fine.

Merinda is a really neat name, and seeing as she's always described as having green cat eyes, I think her name would be delightful for a cat. Of course, if you had a Merinda, you would need a Jem to keep her compnay.



5: Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice
When I graduated high school my parents threw a combination graduation party for me/ birthday party for my grandma. One of my cousins gave me the DVD of the 2005 Pride and Prejudice and another cousin gave me a stuffed penguin, so naturally, I named him Mr. Darcy. It would also be an excellent name for a feline friend.

If you have a Mr. Darcy, why not have a Lizzy, too?

Topaz is a really neat name and would be purrfect (okay, I'll stop with the puns.) for a cat.



2: Heathcliff, Wuthering Heights
In A Castle in the Sky, Abi gets a cat and names him Heathcliff. I thought that was the perfect name to christen a cat for a book lover like Abi.

I had to. What would be better than an orange cat named Anne (with an "e," of course)?

Are any of you cat lovers? Have you named your cats after fictional characters? Let me know in the comments!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I like the names you've chosen... Catsby would be a perfect name for a cat!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-character-names.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BFF had a goat named Topaz, when we were growing up.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-characters-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so many wonderful names - many of which are (for me) nostalgic! Anne, of course being the main one. Valancy is a really pretty name as is Cress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts