Book of The Week #29 "Celebrate! Tis The Season"




by Amber Florenza
It's December 1901 and in the Bernstein home, all holidays are celebrated.  When her cousin Kitt comes from France to live in the Bernstein's lavish English home, Amie is at first unsure, but the two quickly become chums. Together with their family, they celebrate Hanukah, Christmas, New Years and Valentine's Day, all the while singing, learning to play the piano from Oncle Gad, following Annie Montgomery, getting sweet treats from Cook and playing detective.  Yet amidst the fun and festivities, darkness from anti-Semitism and the African warm loom. Can they manage to make the holidays fun with all the sadness in the world?

This was such a sweet book. I love the early 1900s setting and think Amber did a good job of depicting the era. Amie and Kitt have such fun adventures. All of the characters are very life-like and relatable. And I love the faith elements and message of hope in God throughout the book. I had planned on reading this the week of Christmas, but I was sick and didn't get around to it. Yet it was just as fun reading it in January (as it does mention New Years and Valentine's Day).

All in all, this was a very nice light hearted story that I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun holiday read or just good story for any day of the year.

I give this book a 4 out of 5.


Comments

  1. This looks so sweet :) Love reading reviews of indie books! I love historicals as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a sweet story! And I love reading and reviewing indie books, too. Love promoting indie authors!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts