Favorite Word Friday #10 "Wonder"

Wonder

noun  won·der  \ˈwən-dər\

: a feeling caused by seeing something that is very surprising, beautiful,  amazing, etc...

:something that is surprising or hard to believe

I must confess that I chose this Friday's word when I found one of my old Alice In Wonderland dolls. Any other '90s girls remember those? She wore a blue satin dress with her trademark white pinafore and her legs were painted white. I can remember carrying mine around a lot when I was little.

To me wonder is a magical word. Many of us of course think of the beloved Alice In Wonderland when we hear or see the word, which is one reason why it is so fun. But wonder is so nice because of what it means. Sometimes it simply means to ponder something; to think about it and consider its possibilities. Yet it also means to be filled awe. To look upon something and feel amazed by. Don't you love that feeling?

Happy Friday, dear readers! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with the people and things you love the most. Until next time...


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts