Sway



by Merriment
Sway is the debut LP by Merriment. You might recognize the last name of its members, Christie and Collin DuPree. That's because they're the siblings and cousins of Eisley, a band I dearly love. And with Sway, I've come to dearly love Merriment as well. This album is so beautiful. Christie's voice is so lovely; angelic, really. Everyone says it because it's true. And the music is amazing too. Each song is different; no two tunes sound the same and I really like that because it keeps things fresh. It isn't as though you're listening to one 40+ minute song. If you were to ask me which genre this album falls under, I would say indie/folk with some subtle pop influences here and there.
Listed below are the songs on Sway as well as my favorite lyrics from each song.

Take Heart
Break everything | Break my heart | Don't listen to me | You tell me not to but I do

Tremendous Love
Well maybe I can mend you | Taking on this mental load

Somehow
Watch me wading in the dark deep | And staring silently at my feet

Now I'm Silver
Living on my own gold now | Wave a north wind | Now I'm silver | Taking off my old soul | Emptiness will never hold all the growing

Backwards
Boy you've got that sparkle I wanted, hope and pray I'd find | So much for loving you madly | Wonder which way you will go | Dragging my heart along with you | And I just had to tell you I tried and tried | But time goes by and now I hold my tears inside


Two Worlds
So now we're caught between two worlds | And you and I become the door

Patterns
Your heart is kind | Well it makes a pattern with mine

Spill
I'll never fake a smile just to please you | Wishing for the wishing well

Nothing To Lose
I've been taking second chances from you like I had nothing to lose | But oh, I lost myself

Down by the Creek
They say you've been living up the street | Well, I'm sorry, boy, yes indeed | Back from the war and down by the creek | Well a sorry ain't what you need | Heard you've been trying to tell the truth | Well I think I've 'bout had it with you

Right Again
And I can't remember what time it was | That I'm supposed to be here | I'm late for love

Unhinged
If I tried to measure my whole heart | In something uneven | It sways your way

My favorite songs on Sway are: Take Heart, Somehow, Now I'm Silver, Backwards, (absolute favorite on this album!) Down By The Creek (close second)

All in all, I think Sway is great album that fans of indie/folk music would enjoy.

Thank you for reading! See you next time.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts