Lately: Editing, Downton Abbey, and Northanger Abbey



Happy pi day everyone! I hate algebra, but I like pie, so I guess that kind of balances things out, right? Haha. I don't know why, but I love writing "lately" posts. They feel so casual and it's just me kind of rambling about the things I'm loving at the moment.

Reading:
Northanger Abbey, The Hobbit
We're fourteen days into the Northanger Abbey read along and it's been great so far! I'm so over the Thorpes, but I love Catherine and keep looking forward to when things finally fall into place with her and the Tilneys! And yes.... I'm still working on The Hobbit.  *Hides face in shame* I've been busy with read alongs and such and so I haven't spent a lot of time on this book. BUT, I'm determined to finish it.

Watching:
Now that Downton Abbey is over, there really isn't a television show that I'm really involved in other than The Big Bang Theory. I'm sad to see one of my favorites go, but I'm really happy with the way it ended. I'm excited that the movie Brooklyn comes out tomorrow and am hoping our Redbox has it.

Listening:
Same old same old. Eisley, The Like, Merriment, Showbread, The Honey Trees. I have been listening to a little more of the 90s music I have lately (I'm a pretty big fan of 90s grunge because that's what I grew up listening to. Bands like The Smashing Pumpkins, The Cranberries, Weezer, etc...) and I always like to listen to The Pogues on St. Patrick's Day. I kind of want to find some more new music to listen to so if any of you have some suggestions, let me know!

Other:
Still editing A Castle in the Sky. We're getting so close; it's really just down to checking for spelling mistakes (because spell check doesn't catch everything), missing words and that all the facts are straight. I can't believe it but I have a post planned for every week day this month! Well, I don't all of my Favorite Word Friday posts planned because those are usually last minute. I had tried to plan as many as possible last month so I could have plenty of time to work on A Castle in the Sky and with the Northanger Abbey read along taking place, things have worked out smashingly. ;) (Okay, I've possibly been watching a little too much Downton Abbey lately, if there ever were such a thing. Seriously, the other day I said "Have we any Tums, Mum?" in an English accent and I'm from Arkansas so you know that wasn't natural.)

So that's my life lately. Hope you all enjoyed this post and have a great day. Enjoy a slice of your favorite pie and whatever makes you happy!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts