Top Ten Tuesday: My Spring TBR



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Brokeand The Bookish.
      
The problem with my "to be read" list is that it NEVER ends. It seems as though I'm always finding a new book I'd like to read. And even as my TBR on Goodreads grows, I'm always finding new books at the library that distract me and demand to be read. And I haven't read even a fraction of the classics, which I hope to read as many of in my time. So yeah, there are a lot of books I want to read over the course of my lifetime, many of which probably haven't even been written yet. If we're being honest, I'll probably never get to read all of the books I want to, but that's simply the way the cookie crumbles. Sometimes it's almost overwhelming to think of all the books I plan to read someday. But then again, I kind of think that's a good thing; I'll never run out of things to read. Seriously, I never will.

Needless to say this list is only a drop in the bucket of all the books I want to read, but I'm hoping to get to these over the course of this spring. Chances are I probably won't get to them all this spring, but that's okay; they'll be there when I'm ready for them!



10: Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay
I've read Dear Mr. Knightley and The Bronte Plot so far, so now I need to read Lizzy and Jane and I'll be all caught up for Katherine's fall release, A Portrait of Emily Price!



9: The Ringmaster's Wife by Kristy Cambron
The cover for this book is gorgeous and the synopsis sounds very interesting. It comes out at the tail end of spring, so I don't know that I'll actually get to it this spring, but it is definitely on my TBR.



I love The Chronicles of Narnia, but I haven't finished the series. I really want to and next in line is book 5, so hopefully I can get to it soon!



7: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I'm an author so I need to read The Great Gatsby, right? I actually have this rented from the library, so we'll see if I can get to it this week.


6: The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott
After re-reading Little Women in February, I really want to read all of Louisa's novels and I think it will be interesting to read one of her romance novels.



5: The GuernseyLiterary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
I've been wanting to read this book for a while. I really would like to get to it this spring because it sounds so interesting!


4: Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
I keep hearing really good things about this book. I loved When Patty Went To College and enjoyed Just Patty, so I'm very interested in reading Daddy-Long-Legs as well as all of Jean Webster's other books.



3: Before GreenGables by Budge Wilson
As a huge fan of Anne of Green Gables, I'm both very curious about this book as well as a little bit nervous. But I've heard fairly good things about it, and so I'm interested.



2: Emma by Jane Austen
I've had a copy of Emma for a few years and have just never gotten around to reading it. I'm pretty ashamed of myself for that. I now have two copies (a paperback as well as the one on my Kindle) and so I definitely want to get to it this year.



1: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
This book has been on my TBR forever. No more excuses; it needs to be read this spring.

And there you have a fraction of my ever growing TBR. I hope you all enjoyed this list and I thank you for spending time with me today. And I'm curious; what are some of the books you're hoping to get to this spring?


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Nice list! I enjoyed "The Inheritance" when I read it ages ago, and ooo, "Daddy Log Legs." I really ought to try that book, since it seems so loved. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace! The Inheritance sounds so interesting and I'm hoping I love Daddy-Long-Legs as much as other's seem to!

      Nice talking to you today!

      -Miranda Atchley

      Delete
  2. Wait, wait! You haven't read Daddy Long Legs yet? You MUST! It's one of my absolute favorite books ever. :)

    I haven't ever read The Inheritance, although I love the adaptation of it. I should move it up my TBR.

    And Guernsey is on my list as well! I keep hearing wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm so ready to read Daddy-Long-Legs! It's been on my TBR for awhile.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts